Saturday, October 1, 2011

"I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"

That day has arrived!  
My oldest son decided when he was 4 years old that he wanted to be a missionary when he grew up. 
 Well, now he is "all growed up".

He sent his application in and we received his mission call about a month ago!
We invited everyone to come over (the kitchen was standing room only) to watch as he opened the envelope and read the letter telling him where in the world he would serve the Lord for the next 2 years.

We were so excited, as you can imagine.
I hope you enjoy watching the clip.





And in case you couldn't understand amidst all the hollering and cheers, 
he is going to Joao Pessoa Brazil!

5 comments:

Helena said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

I've never witnessed a mission call opening in person (aside from my own) but one time I watched a bunch of them on youtube. They're just so very emotional.

The author said...

I've never wanted to be a missionary and even I got emotional watching your amazing family celebrate! Thanks for sharing with us and many blessings and congratulations! Maybe I'll have to go watch the banana bread song now, lol!

The author said...

Oh, and I miss hearing your reading reports, how is the 2011 reading list going? I've decided I need to make a list of all the classics and start reading them.

Anderson Academy said...

My friend Ashley met you at a multi-stake youth dance and was so impressed with all that you discussed with her. I was telling her of my most recent homeschooling struggles and she tolld me I should see your great blog. It was just what I needed for a pick me up. What a great family, home, and farm.
We have 5 boys age 13, 10, 7, 5, and 16 months. It has always been my dream to move to a farm and thereby have real work for them to enjoy. I loved watching your sweet son open his call! I'm excited when I think of going through the missionary process 5 times (and a little scared).
It really is so inspiring to see all of what I hope for our family being accomplished in your family.
I would love to meet you and discuss school, gardening, and Farrm life with you.
Thanks for this sunshine on a grey Washington day.
You were an answer to my prayers.
Amy Anderson

Is there anything garden wise that I could be working on in January?

Cathryn said...

Thanks for the glowing comments Amy! I am a bit of a cheerleader for the things I believe in, and that night while chaperoning the dance I was on a soapbox and Ashley heard all my favorite topics!
We are having such a mild winter that I have planted lettuce and spinach and you could still put in garlic right now. I have mine covered with a cloche, but I haven't been out to look at them lately so I can't report if my work has been or will be worth it yet. (Looks like I have something to blog about!)
Cathrynfarr(at)comcast(dot)net

And yes my author friend, I shall do an update on my reading list. I have really enjoyed many things this year. As for making a list of ALL the classics--that would certainly be a daunting task, but I can suggest a dozen or so for you to put at the top!

I will get to blogging soon I hope - busy living! Oh- AND I started YOGA! More later!